1. Open Outlook Express. (Double-click the Outlook Express Icon on your desktop)
2. Go to your 'Tools' menu, and select 'Accounts...'.
3. Click on the 'Add' Button, and select 'News...'.
4. Type your name in the 'Display Name' box, as you would like it to be seen on the Newsgroups.
5. Enter your e-mail address in the 'E-mail address' box.
6. Your news server will be 'news.bigvalley.net'.
Enter this in the 'News (NNTP) server' box.
Please place a check in "My news server requires me to log on".
7. On the next screen, it will ask you for your Account Name
and Password. Please specify the same username and password
you use to access the Internet.
8. Click the 'Finish' button.
9. Click 'Yes' when it asks you if
you would like to download newsgroups from the news account
10. Type a search criteria in the
box at the top of the window. In the display below, newsgroups
will be displayed which contain words that match your criteria.
Select a newsgroup from this list, and lick the 'Go to' button
at the bottom of the window.
11. You are now able to begin browsing
newsgroups. Remember: to publicly reply to a message, click
the 'Reply All' button, not the 'Reply' button.